- We’re always told to eat our five a day and exercise. What’s overlooked though is the importance of what we feed our minds. I have found that by listening to positive statements or speeches, which can be found on youtube make a huge difference to my outlook on the day ahead.
- Some stress is good, but whatever you do don’t get hung up on the things you can’t control. Sometimes these things have a weird habit of working themselves out. Spend more time thinking about the positives in your life, share laughs with friends.
- Giving is rewarding. With this in mind, do something positive for someone else. This could be anything from taking time out to see a friend who you haven’t seen for ages or even just showing your gratitude to someone who’s been there for you.
- You are stronger than you think you are, so whatever challenges you’re facing remember this; you can and you will overcome them.
- Treat yourself. This is a must for me as it gives me the motivation to complete a given task knowing that I’ve already allocated ‘me time’. This could be anything from enjoying a soak in the bath to having a well deserved fruity cider!
There’s never shame in needing advice or seeking help, this actually shows how strong you are! Someone once said: ‘Suicide doesn’t end the chances of life getting worse. It eliminates the possibility of it ever getting any better’.